Prawn curry with tomatoes and herbs
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Other time: 0 min
No need to call everyone to the table for this dish. Enticed by the aromatic spices they’ll be seated before you start to fill up the bowls.
Select 'Post' to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select 'Save to my Profile'.
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
1 tsp canola oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
2 tsp curry powder
3 medium fresh tomato, coarsely chopped
1 cup(s) chicken stock, (250ml)
150 g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
450 g prawns, (500g peeled), tails intact
150 g dry rice noodles, vermicelli
1/3 cup(s) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup(s) fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and curry powder and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 3–4 minutes or until softened.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans and prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender and prawns are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3–5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls and top with prawn curry. Serve sprinkled with coriander and mint.
- TIP: To devein green (raw) prawns, use a small, sharp knife to cut a shallow slit along the back. Use the knife tip to locate the black (or sometimes clear) vein, then pull it out.
We're sorry, WeightWatchers.com.au recipe reviews are not available at the moment. Please check back later.