Smokey beef steak sandwiches
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
Other time: 0 min
A steak sandwich is a terrific standby meal for busy days. The great thing about this one is you can apply the marinade and cook it straight away.
Select 'Post' to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select 'Save to my Profile'.
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
4 whole fresh mushrooms, (field), stalks removed, halved
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
2 tbs barbecue sauce, (smokey)
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
320 g sourdough bread, (8x40g)
400 g trimmed beef fillet, or minute steak, (4x125g)
200 g rocket leaves, (1 bunch)
1 large fresh tomato, cut into 8 slices
1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray mushrooms with oil. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, combine mustard, Worcestershire and barbecue sauces, thyme and garlic in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add steaks and turn to coat.
- Reheat chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray bread with oil. Cook steaks and bread for 1 minute each side or until steak is cooked to your liking and bread is toasted.
- Place 4 slices of toast on a flat surface. Top with rocket, steaks, tomato, mushrooms and avocado. Sandwich with the remaining toast. Serve.
- TIP: To clean a dirty chargrill, cover it with salt and heat over medium until a crust forms. Scrape out the salt with a wooden spoon, then wash, dry and apply a coat of oil.
We're sorry, WeightWatchers.com.au recipe reviews are not available at the moment. Please check back later.