Cheese, onion and asparagus frittata
Weight Watchers Recipe
Cook Fresh cookbook, 2010
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
Other time: 0 min
An italian-style omelette made with fresh eggs and tender spears of asparagus is the ideal choice for a spring luncheon with friends
Select 'Post' to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select 'Save to my Profile'.
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
7 medium egg(s)
1/2 cup(s) Weight Watchers , Sour Cream, (125ml)
2 bunch(es) fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut in half
60 g grated parmesan cheese, (1/2 cup)
2 tbs sunflower seeds
1 tbs fresh chives
2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm cake tin with oil and line base with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 minutes or until onion is very soft.
- Place eggs and sour cream in a jug. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and beat with a fork until combined. Place half the asparagus in the base of prepared tin. Top with half the onion and repeat with remaining asparagus and onion. Pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and set. Stand frittata in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve sprinkled with sunflower seeds and chives.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: salad of tomato, cucumber and rocket leaves, plus sourdough bread.
TIP: Egg shells are quite porous so store eggs in the fridge in their original carton. This helps stopping them absorbing flavours from any strong-smelling foods.
We're sorry, WeightWatchers.com.au recipe reviews are not available at the moment. Please check back later.